Fire Guts Female Hostel Of A COE In Katsina

0
64

​A section of the female hostel of Isa Kaita College of Education, Dutsinma in Katsina was on Friday razed by fire, leaving the affected students in huge loss. The fire which was reportedly caused by carelessness resulting from an explosion of a cooking gas cylinder left no fewer than 25 students without shelter.

Various valuable properties including clothes, food items, bedding and books were lost to the inferno. The Provost of the college Dr Maigari Abdu who visited the scene of the incidence to ascertain the level of damage assured the students that drastic measures will be taken to curtail future occurrences.

Speaking on the incidence, the college’s spokesman Muntari Bala said all the students affected have been temporarily accommodated but have now been asked toreturn home for a week to enable renovation work to be done in the razed down rooms. He said the students will be recalled after completion of the renovation.

He said, all the affected students will benefit from a token palliative of between N5,000 to N25,000 depending on the gravity of their respective losses.

It's only fair to share...Share on Facebook0Share on Google+0Tweet about this on TwitterShare on LinkedIn0Digg thisShare on StumbleUpon0Pin on Pinterest0Share on Reddit0

NO COMMENTS

LEAVE A REPLY